Amazon Deals

New at Amazon

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Art lover alert: listen to the butt music from Hieronymus Bosch’s Garden of Earthly Delights


An Oklahoma college student named Amelia has transcribed the music written on the ass of a figure from the “Hell” panel of Hieronymus Bosch’s famous triptych painting The Garden of Earthly Delights (wiki), and posted a recording of it to her Tumblr.

Listen to it here.

It’s not the most mind-blowing music you’ll hear in your life, I know, but it’s still wonderful that this was done.  Thanks, Amelia!


If you’re curious to know more about the Bosch painting, it can be viewed at The Prado; if you don’t plan to be in Madrid any time soon, this episode (which is an hour long, so you may want to save it to watch later) of the BBC documentary series Renaissance Revolution covers it in depth.


Although I've never been to the Prado, I've been a fan of Bosch, and particularly of Garden, for a long time, and at some point Ed gave these figurines to me as a gift:


I'm not sure where they came from, but there are a few of them available at Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of "Rap," so I'm guessing this must be "Spank" music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I didn't think of that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete