Obama and his minions have effectively declared all Americans the enemy in an attempt to make the impact of the government shutdown artificially painful.
This could not succeed without the assistance of a corps of facilitators, Little Eichmanns, if you will, who are willing to abuse their fellow citizens in order to better serve their master. The most prominent of these is a yob named Jonathan Jarvis who runs the National Park Service.
Since the shutdown began last week the National Park Service has lived up to its reputation as a churlish, imperious, and unreasonable steward of the nation’s parks and monuments.
- The World War II Memorial was shutdown. This is a memorial that has always had unrestricted access.
- The Vietnam War Memorial, another memorial that has had unrestricted access for decades, has been shutdown.
- The Lincoln Memorial, likewise open to the public around the clock, has been shutdown.
- The National Park Service has shut down the C&O Canal towpath. This national park has been open to bikers and hikers without monitoring for decades.
- The National Park Service has evicted homeowners from their homes simply because it is on land leased from the federal government.
- The National Park Service has ordered the closure of the privately owned and operated Claude Moore Colonial Farm.
- The National Park Service has closed a privately run hotel and restaurant on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina.
The actions of Jon Jarvis and the National Park Service have been juvenile, mean spirited, and shameful.