Amazon Deals

New at Amazon

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Here's George W. Bush's painting of Jay Leno, presented last night

Bush presented this to Leno last night on the Tonight Show:


Part 1 of interview is here:



And Laura joined him later on:



Remainder of the interview is here (Part 3) and here (Part 4).

He discussed his low profile since leaving office in 2009: 
"I don’t think it’s good for the country to have a former president criticize his successor."

And had this to say:

“You have to believe in what you’re doing, first and foremost,” Bush said. “I relied upon my faith, my family helped a lot, and I had a good team around me, and did the best I could do. I’m also very comfortable with the fact that it’s going to take a while for history to judge whether the decisions I made are consequential or not and therefore, I’m not too worried about it, which I read some biographies of Washington, my attitude is if they are still writing about biographies of the first guy, the 43rd guy doesn’t need to worry about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment